Spokane Night Scenes, photography from the roof of the Spokane Business Resource Center (SRBC)
The SRBC was one of the most challenging rooftops of all the locations we have shot so far. The walls were approximately 5 feet tall around the roof area, and the width of the wall was at least a foot and a half. It made it almost easier to just use a bulb setting after configuring the camera systems (ISO, AF or Manual Focus, and DOF). With a tether or wireless remote, the camera could sit upon the flat area atop the walls and using the cameras remote shutters the images could be taken without any movement of the cameras.
There were no ladders on this rooftop, and the maintenance staffers put barrels around the rooftop so we could stand on them (optional) if we needed to get some height because of the roofs wall height.
Here are a few images from the Spokane Business Resource Center night shoot.
- The Cowles and Great Western building. Shot from the rooftop of the SRBC building. Spokane, Washington http://www.spokanenightscenes.com/cowlesgray.htm
- Riverside Avenue, a look to the east from the roof of the SRBC building. Spokane, Washington http://www.spokanenightscenes.com/riversideeast2.htm
- Riverpark Square Mall, a look from the roof of the SRBC building. Spokane, Washington http://www.spokanenightscenes.com/riverparksquarexmas.htm
- Riverside Avenue, a look to the east from the roof of the SRBC building. Spokane, Washington http://www.spokanenightscenes.com/riversideeast.htm
- The Lincoln building, a look to the west from the roof of the Spokane Regional Business Center (SRBC) building. Spokane, Washington http://www.spokanenightscenes.com/lincolnwest.htm
John D. Moore, CPP
Spokane Night Scenes
(O) 509 327 5627